Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Lost Boy is Home!

I swear I could be robbed and never know it. I guess I am just not observant, organized or whatever. That's how we lost the boy. My mom probably had a fit watching me from heaven when I lost the boy. But he's home now and he forgives me for losing him and I promised never to lose him again.
The lost boy is really a Uneeda Biscuit Boy. He's a chipboard figure that was used to advertise Uneeda Biscuits many years ago. I love old advertising. Someday I am going to just glue old ads all over the walls of my kitchen and be done with it. I love old ads that much. So UBB came from my mom, he's one of the last things I remember her giving me before she died. UBBY as he will furthermore be known, has hung in my kitchen since that day. He reminded my mom of my boys and knowing my love of advertising, she got him for me.
Well a few months ago, I was standing in the kitchen talking to DH & his offspring, when all the sudden it occured to me that UBBY wasn't in his place!
 

"What happened to the Biscuit boy?" I blurted, interrupting whatever important conversation everyone else was having. Everyone gave me that look, the one that's becoming a daily look, the look of "what the he-- has made you lose your everlovin' mind?"
"The biscuit boy is gone, he is not hanging on the wall like he usually is!" I exclaimed to their dazed faces.
"IDUNNO" was the answer from all of them. "IDUNNO" is the language spoken by the male species in this house.
"Who have you let in MY house to kidnap the Biscuit Boy?" I demanded. DS3 quietly began searching his cell for that looney bin number he has so discretly saved.
I was sure someone came in, bypassed all the video equipment, computers, heirloom antiques and other expensive items to take Biscuit boy. I mourned my loss of UBBY. It made me want to hold my 19 year olds hand in WM. Because, after all, if I could lose a 2 foot tall sign. I could surely lose him too.
Then I had the hutch discovery experience. Remember yesterday when I found the 3 Longerberger baskets I forgot I had? Well UBBY was there too. Right on top of the silver chest that those robbers also left behind when they took him. UBBY must have been in the hutch the whole time.
 

But now he is back in his place, guarding the kitchen, the silver service, electronics and heirloom antiques. Because if the robbers come in, I know he will dutifully volunteer to be hostage.

:J
Posted by Picasa