Side note: Somehow this got lost in the process, so I am reposting it. I'll catch up on today's activities in the morning!I really have had a lot to blog about this week, that I haven’t even touched on. I feel like if I ramble on and on and on you may get bored or tell me to get a life. But heck it’s my blog so I can ramble right?
I am glad I decided on the spur of the moment to go to Tampa for NYE. I must have gypsy in my blood because I love a good trip. It was such a good trip too. I have to say I have had many friends in my lifetime. You tend to do that when you are military. But I have never had friends who are as much fun as those HT girls. Maybe because I am older and less reserved. I dunno, but I would go the high mile for any of them because of what they do for me.
We had so much fun at Linda’s. I just can’t say it enough. Like a giant slumber party, but without the middle school stuff that usually came with slumber parties I remember. That’s why I think it’s the age thing. They are so giving, inspirational, uplifting and welcoming. Genuine. Thanks one last time all of you, after that I can conquer anything for a few months.
The drive home was a long one. I said I wasn’t stopping at Hobby Lobby in Ocala, I did. But they were having a fantastic sale! So it was a good thing. I picked up a bunch of stuff and actually spent more money there than in Griffin’s. I probably would have spent more money in Griffin’s but a) I didn’t have it, and b) I kept thinking I would see the same stuff when I stopped in Tallahassee and could use that wonderful gift card my son gave me.
So I hit the road again, cranked up the tunes and went merrily racing down the I 75 racetrack. That road amazes me! They drive so fast and in such a hurry fast. So I go right along with them. So much so that I was 3 miles from the Georgia border when I realized I missed the I 10 turn. Well actually I thought I missed the turn long before that, but I kept going to be sure.
I got off at the last Florida exit (24 miles past where I was supposed to turn) to get gas. I ended up buying Florida oranges and tangerines. I figured we needed all the vitamin C at our house we could handle. The people selling were so friendly and joking. I enjoyed the stop and I think that is the reason I did miss my turn. I was meant to go there, to buy oranges. They were so good!
BTW, when I left Tampa I passed 5 FoxSports Semis heading south. I hope Howie, Terry, JB and Coach are going to do the pregame from there. When I told DS2 that I saw them he said did you see Terry? I told him yeah, Terry was driving one of the trucks and we waved to each other. Then I saw 3 semis for the Budwiser Clydesdales. Looks like Tampa is going to be the rocking town this weekend. Go Bucs! (this week, when they play my Brett, that will be a different story!)
So back on the right track to Tallahassee and I got there in time to shop at Scrapbook Market. They were just putting out the Valentine QK but I didn’t buy any. They were also painting the back room (it was nauseating smelling) and the owner was doing inventory. Inventory was low too. Probably for that reason. But I did put a dent in my gift card. When the girl at the register saw how much it was for, she said, “Someone sure loves you!” Yep he does!
Love him too!
But then I was famished. So I headed over to Olde Towne CafĂ© for dinner. That’s were DS2 & FDIL work. Well she teaches too, but you know that first year teachers don’t make squat in Florida! Anyway. I didn’t see him when the hostess seated me and I don’t like to say “put me in Kevin’s section” but I did ask her to tell him to come by when he had time. They were really slow, so he and Erica sat with me for awhile. They were telling me about the vacation they have planned for June. To JAPAN!!!! Erica’s sister lives there, so they will stay with her. Still! I’m not sure I am ready for one of my babies to leave the country without me! I hope they have fun. Then in July is another wedding of Kevin’s friends, and our Family reunion. They will make that too! They also plan to hit the Packer Trifecta next year as they play in Jax, New Orleans and Tampa! We could see them 3 times!
Kevin is turning into such a man. You know those man mannerisms that drive us women crazy! NO not him! He was my good child! Well he was good at making us believe he was the good child. But Erica is such a Doll and keeps him right in line! I love watching them together; I just wish that boy would put a ring on her finger!
I finally did make it home about 8 p.m. and it was cold!!!!! It never got above 44 degrees the whole trip home! But it was good to be home. Rick said he had heater problems and the house had just warmed up. So I was lucky I didn’t get there any earlier! But I started coughing 20 minutes after getting home, so apparently this is not over!
So I think I will end there but not before a word on kindness. Not just the kindness and generosity of Linda, Kip and the girls, but there were others this trip that really impressed me with things they didn’t have to do.
- There was the guy in Lowe’s at St. Pete when we went to get the visqueen for Fauna. We pulled into the parking lot and saw an employee gathering carts. Kip pulled up and I asked him how late they were open and he told me eight. So we parked, went in and that same man had gone through the Contractor entrance, through the whole store, and met us at the front door to tell us that it was 6 they closed at not 8. And he apologized for telling us the wrong time! WOW! He didn’t have to do that!
- There was the girl in the scrapbooking dept at Griffin’s, who, when I told her about the sale email I had gotten but couldn’t print because I was on the road, went into the back room and printed one for me so I could get 25% off. You had to have the email to get it! She didn’t have to do that!
- The people in the orange stand at the Georgia border. They were handing out samples, which were nummy! They were so jovial, happy, and kind. I would have bought the whole stand of oranges from them, they were so nice!
Okay, that’s rambling enough for this time. One more thing, if you are ever in St. Pete, get a Nick & Willy’s pizza! OMY! Now nothing will ever top my hometown pizza place, Manny’s, for my fav pizza, but Nick n Willy’s was heaven in a slice! Yummmm!
I know I will have cravings! Maybe Kip will bring one to WR……
Okay, off to take the put me to sleep cold medicine and hit the hay. More tomorrow!
Stay warm!
:J








